Project Name and Responsible
In Australia, Aboriginals and women in remote areas are 3 times more likely to experience complications during pregnancy and birth. In Timor Leste, the MMR is 600-100000 births. This is 100 times more than in Australia. In Timor Leste the majority of women live and birth in remote areas where access to obstetric care is limited due to lack of trained personnel, infrastructure and the availability of diagnostic equipment. Even in very remote areas most people now have access to a mobile phone so can communicate with a remote professional. We have designed a stethoscope that attaches to the headphone jack of a normal mobile phone. It should be very cheap to develop and produce as it is combining technology that is already available.
Project Agreement With The WeObservatory
- Dissemination of the project on the website and network of Millennia2015.
- Exchanges with Millennia2015 communities.
- Presentations at international conférences.
Planned Activities 2014 - 2015
- Support the initial development and production of the technology
- Support the dissemination of the technology